The only requirement to start your android application development is to install the google android sdk.
After installing the sdk, download env3d_template.zip, unzip and open the project in BlueJ. Complete the installation with the following steps:
- Go to the Preferences->Extensions
- Under the Env3D, provide the android sdk location under the "Android SDK directory"
- If you haven't done it already, click on the "Run andriod config" button and choose the specific API version on which you would like to develop. Version 2.2 is the minimum for env3d.
That's it! To test that you have installed everything properly:
- Connect your android device to your computer with an USB cable. Make sure that you setup on your device:
- Enable USB debugging
- Allow installation from "Unknown sources"
- Select the "Basic" android example from the Env3D menu
- Right click on the "Game" class and select "Env3D Deploy Menu -> Create Android Package"
- A window will appear showing the deployment step-by-step
- Wait until the "Success" message appears, then disconnect the device
- On your android device, a new app called "MainActivity" has been installed
- Run the MainAcitivty app to make sure it works