Appendix 2: Playing sounds
Env3D has the ability to play sound files in the .wav and the .ogg formats. Follow these simple instructions to play a sound file:
- Place all your sound files into the "sounds/" directory inside your project.
- Assuming that you have created the env object:
- env.soundPlay() method will play a short sound file (small size). The parameter is the filename of your sound file. You cannot stop this sound from playing.
- env.soundLoop() method will play a long sound file continuously (large size).
- env.soundStop() will stop a looping sound file.
- There are various soundPlay() methods for 3D sound placement. Please check out the javadoc for the Env class for details.